Viva Las Vegas - dot Net Group Talk

I will be giving a presentation to the good people of the dot Net Group in fabulous Las Vegas on June 28th at 7PM. The topic will be familiar ground for me: jQuery Mobile, Backbone, and ASP.NET MVC - A Framework for Making Mobile Web Applications. If you caught this presentation at SoCal Rock & Roll Code Camp on the 23rd of June, you will still want to attend. I will dive deeper into the code than is possible in a 55 minute code camp presentation and I will have more time to answer questions. Beside this will be in Vegas, baby, so I'm sure that I will be in a rockin' good mood.

For more information and direction please go to the dot Net Group's website: dot Net Group.


jQuery Mobile, Backbone, and ASP.NET MVC - A Framework for Making Mobile Web Applications

Websites designed for smartphones are one of the fastest growing segments of the internet. jQuery Mobile makes it easy to create sites for mobile devices, but it is mostly about UI. It doesn’t address the needs of an enterprise application. Things like how to load data from and persist data to the server, how to tie the JavaScript and HTML together, and minimize the amount of data transmitted. In this session I will show how to combine jQuery Mobile with Backbone.js and a ASP.NET MVC back-end. The result is a website which is fast, efficient, and easier to maintain.

Popular Posts