Code School Review


I've been playing around with Code School this week and I have to admit it is awesome. It is cool way to learn coding. You watch a video then do exercises to cement the knowledge in your head. The work is all done in the browser which allows the Code School to monitor your progress and check work. This is super cool and probably the best form of computer based learning I've ever tried. As a former scout, I liked the fact that you earn badges by completing lessons and courses.

I  completed the course on the Chrome Dev Tools. I tried this course because I thought I knew all there was to know about Chrome and happily I was wrong. I learned quite a few things I didn't know, including that HTML tags can be manipulated dynamically by clicking and dragging them. I don't know how I missed that for so long. I also completed the courses on jQuery and Git, two more things that I know thoroughly but still learned new things. 

Code School isn't free, but it is reasonably priced. For roughly the cost of a book, 25 bucks a month, you can dine all you can eat. You can save quite bit more by signing up for a full year. All of you corporate coders can save your companies quite a bit of training dollars by signing up your entire development team.

Code School has quite a few courses available and they seem to be adding new ones frequently. They cover quite a few web technologies and even have courses on Ruby and iOS, yes iOS. If you are a coder like me and you like to keep your skills sharp, Code School is for you. 

If you'd like to try before buy, please use the link below. It will give you two days to try any and all of courses you'd like.

Popular Posts